Employment and Human Resources Counseling
Snell Legal supports and counsels employers in all areas of employment law, including:
- Hiring, including permissible application, interview and screening practices
- Termination, including severance agreements and unemployment compensation claim issues
- Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) compliance
- Family and Medical Leave Act (“FMLA”) compliance
- Age Discrimination in Employment Act (“ADEA”) compliance
- Pregnancy Discrimination Act compliance
- Fair Labor Standards Act (“FLSA”) compliance
- Unemployment compensation claims
- Title VII compliance
- Sexual orientation claims
- Gender identity claims
- Sexual harassment investigations
- Contracts, including non-compete, non-solicitation and confidentiality restrictions
- Workplace policies and handbooks
- Supervisor and subordinate employee training
- Worker’s compensation issues
- Arbitration/mediation of disputes
Employment Claim Defense
We defend all forms of employment-related claims. We can assist from the time a potential claim arises, through government body investigation, into mediation, arbitration or litigation and even appeals. Some of the types of claims we can assist with are as follows:
- Overtime and minimum wage claims under the FLSA
- Claims of discrimination based on race, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, and gender, including sexual harassment, under Title VII and the Florida Civil Rights Act
- Pregnancy discrimination claims under the Pregnancy Discrimination Act
- Claims under the FMLA
- Claims under the ADA
- Claims under the ADEA
- Claims for worker’s compensation claim retaliation
- Florida Whistleblower Act claims
- Title VII or Florida Civil Rights Act claims of retaliation
- Claims of breach of contract
- Unemployment compensation benefits claims
As soon as you hire one employee, business becomes more complicated. By the time you have 10 or 20, you should discuss your company’s employment policies and practices with an employment law attorney.
Snell Legal attorney Greg Snell has provided employment law representation to many of the largest and most prominent employers in the Daytona Beach area for nearly three decades. He has represented employers in litigated employment matters in state and federal court, including such large and well known employers as American Airlines, Wal-Mart, Home Depot, Hooter’s, General Electric, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, the Badcock Furniture Company, DME, RR Donnelley, BellSouth and many others in both litigated and non-litigated matters. We regularly appear in the state courts and the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida in Orlando and Jacksonville. We appear in state and federal courts elsewhere less frequently.
Mr. Snell has spoken extensively on employment related topics to organizations such as the Volusia Flagler Society for Human Resource Management (“SHRM”), the Volusia Manufacturers Association and the Flagler County Personnel Association as well as on television and radio shows. He has also written extensively on employment law. Mr. Snell is an active member of the Florida Bar and American Bar Association Labor and Employment Law Sections. For more information on the credentials of Mr. Snell, including his awards, speaking, writing, and community service see his attorney bio. For more information on Snell Legal employment litigation results see the employment results page.
At Snell Legal, an employment lawyer can provide the legal support businesses need to prevent employment-related disputes and to resolve them when they do occur. We offer comprehensive employment and business law services to clients of all sizes — from aspiring individual entrepreneurs to Fortune 100 businesses.
To help prevent or mitigate employee damage claims, a Snell Legal employment law attorney can train employees, investigate incidents, respond to claims filed with governing bodies such as the Florida Commission on Human Relations or the EEOC, negotiate disputes and litigate in both state and federal court.
To discuss how we can be of service to your employment issue, please contact Snell Legal.