- Neighbor befriended elderly couple and gained their trust. Neighbor gained access to bank accounts of elderly couple and took significant portion of their assets for himself. Suit filed for elderly couple and settlement achieved on their behalf in which, among other things, prized Harley-Davidson of neighbor was tendered to the couple, sold, and monies from sale given to couple.
- Client used moving company to move contents of home to another location and when the contents arrived a highly valuable piece of art made by a famous artist was damaged beyond repair. Suit was filed in federal court against the moving company, which had denied liability, and a confidential settlement satisfactory to the client was obtained prior to trial.
- International retail store business client was sued when young child being lifted by older sister to retrieve him for mother grabbed an urn full of hot water at snack bar and poured the water onto himself causing severe burns to his body. Was taken to Shriner’s hospital for extensive and long standing medical treatment. Mother was checking out at time of incident. It was contended that the snack bar was a dangerous condition because the urn could be removed by a child. Defended on basis that similar incident had never occurred in any store previously and would not have occurred if sister had not lifted brother. Obtained defense verdict for business client.
- Man taken into custody brought suit against city claiming he was injured when he tripped over something negligently left on the floor by the police department. Represented city and police. Jury verdict obtained in favor of client.
- Woman passenger on a motorcycle, who had been participating in Bike Week activities with the driver of the motorcycle, was brain injured when the motorcycle struck the back of a vehicle carrier truck owned by an out of state automobile dealership while the truck was in the process of u-turning on a divided highway. Used computer animation to demonstrate sequence of events and, particular, actions of motorcycle in relevant time prior to the accident. Represented automobile dealership business client. Jury verdict obtained in favor of client.
- Man slipped and fell in grocery store and claimed to be seriously brain injured. Man held numerous fishing world records and made his living as a fishing guide and otherwise through fishing. He did not work after the incident and trial was years later. Served as co-counsel to grocery store business client exclusively to assist with trial. Fisherman was seeking millions in damages and his counsel, using the same “brain injury” experts as used in this trial had obtained verdicts of many millions of dollars in the two prior trials she had done. Obtained a jury verdict in favor of client. Case was featured in national publication Lawyers Weekly USA.
- A client was in a vehicular accident involving a truck owned by a produce company. The client experienced balance problems, among other injuries, and was unable to work, sustaining a substantial loss of income. Served as co-counsel. Case was settled prior to trial in exchange for payment of the policy limits under the policy of insurance insuring the produce company of $500,000.00.
- Home health care giver claimed to have been injured when caring for elderly patient with dementia. Defended homeowner client and obtained jury verdict in their favor.
- Defended large national pharmacy chain business client in premises liability suit where woman slipped and fell and broke her hip incurring substantial medical expenses. Substance allegedly on the floor in area where woman fell and employee had been in area shortly before the fall and not seen the substance. Obtained a jury verdict in favor of business client.
- Attorney client injured in intersectional collision. Suffered minor soft tissue injury but mentally was not able to continue to do stressful work such as litigation or to work as many hours following the accident. All of this resulted in a significant loss of income. Assumed representation from another attorney who had been offered $1,000.00 to settle the case. By providing thorough before and after comparison of professional and personal life of client, and with assistance of economist expert, obtained jury verdict for client in excess of $450,000.00.
- Client was injured in an intersectional collision and sustained a serious neck injury and was out of work for an extended period of time with prospective reduction in work life expectancy. Obtained $750,000.00 settlement for client.
- Railroad business client was sued when teenage boy with teenage girl passenger went across tracks at crossing on road at high rate of speed, losing control of vehicle and striking a tree. The vehicle burst into flames and the boy and girl both died. Obtained dismissal of case for client without payment of any monies in exchange for release of attorney fee claims which might be brought against estate of girl who brought suit against the railroad.
- International retail store client sued when baby mattress fell from shelf above customer causing injury. Since baby mattress in exclusive control of client liability determined in favor of customer. In legal terminology this is referred to as “res ipsa loquitor.” The case went to trial on damages only. The customer suffered a neck injury and contended she was totally physically impaired. Total verdict obtained less than $70,000.00, only $10,000.00 for past pain and suffering and another $10,000.00 for future pain and suffering. Verdict little more than pre-trial offer.
- International retail club store client was sued when a pallet of chlorine bleach fell from a rack more than 20 feet above striking 33 year old male customer. Customer allegedly laid in chlorine bleach from containers which exploded for 30-45 minutes and was made to disrobe in public to remove chlorine drenched clothing. Customer suffered back and psychological injury and had not worked since the time of the accident. Since the condition was in the exclusive control of the client they were deemed liable which is called in legal parlance “res ipsa loquitor.” Case was tried on damages. Juror dismissed during trial when overheard stating that plaintiff was just out to get a lot of money, or something to that effect. Customer and spouse sought past medical bills, future medical bills, past lost earnings, future lost earnings, past pain and suffering, future pain and suffering and loss of consortium. Total verdict under $170,000.00, less than $16,000.00 for future lost earnings and medical expenses, meant to compensate for 29 years.
- International retail store client was sued when a customer tripped over a pallet on a piece of equipment similar to a forklift called an order picker. The customer was in the construction field, was required to have surgery on a torn rotator cuff in his should sustained in the incident and was unable to work for approximately six months. Medical expenses and lost income were six figures. Defended on basis that accident was the result of customer not looking before stepping backwards. Obtained defense verdict for business client. Clients’ vehicle struck from rear on highway by driver of business vehicle after he had been drinking. Clients’ vehicle knocked from roadway and serious physical and emotional injuries sustained by four clients. Business attempted to suggest that driver had only consumed one or two drinks, and hadn’t been in the bar long enough to drink more, but timeline developed through discovery demonstrated that time in bar could have been longer, allowing more time for drinking, and blood alcohol level would have been higher if tested sooner after the accident than occurred. Mediated case twice without reaching settlement. Case finally settled on the brink of trial. Total settlement of $2,235,000.00 obtained for clients.